Sky Blue Sport News

Monday, March 07, 2016

Last Post

It with sadness that I write this last post for Sky Blue Sport, for with the appointment of the bigot David Jeffrey, as manager of our beloved Sky Blues, I feel I can longer go along to our games, secretly hoping that our manager falls flat on his face. You see I can never forgive FDJ, of accusing our fans wrongly of sectarian abuse of his players.

The IFA, for a change, found in our favour, but FDJ, has never apologised for that outburst. Of course the faceless men on our board, don't really care about this, after all it wasn't them that were accused, it was the rank and file fans and their feelings don't matter. After following the Sky Blues for 60 plus years, the penny has finally dropped for me.

As I've said many times, the money men, Norman McBurney and Davy Blair, wield the real power in our boardroom and Norman's preferred manager to succeed Spike, was FDJ. I realise that honesty in football has gone, but I respect a man that says he has made a mistake, but FDJ thinks he is infallible and was justified in making false accusations about our fans.

I don't care if Kevin Kelbie, had anything to do with his marriage break-up, that is a matter for speculation and I think our fans carried on with these rumours for too long, but it was their only recourse as FDJ, never apologised for his lies about our fans. Maybe I'm a bitter and twisted old man, but I feel I can hold my head up and say I have my principles.

I would like to wish the club all the best, but in all honesty I can't find in my heart to do that. Suffice to say it has been a roller-coaster ride, following the Sky Blues through thick and thin, mostly thin, but I don't think I will miss it. I definitely won't miss the near 60 miles round trip for midweek home games.

I won't miss the heartless displays like I sat through 10 days ago, when the Swifts beat us 4-2, my last game as a Sky Blue fan. I won't miss the Coleraine scum beating us on four occasions this season and the alleged trouble after these games. The say its only a rat, that deserts a sinking ship, maybe I am that rat, good night friends or friend, as the case may be!